Outdoor Odysseys Kayak Tours
86 Cedar Street
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Phone: (360) 378-3533
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
Going Green Commitments
- Our trips have always been designed with an abiding respect and concern for our environment. Our guides share their passion for the unique ecosystem of the San Juan Islands in a variety of ways.
- We practice low impact camping, make a habit of leaving any campsite cleaner than we found it and follow all accepted wildlife viewing ethics.
- We recycle or compost our waste, support and partner with local island farmers, buy organic whenever available, and harvest fruit and vegetables from our trees and garden for every trip.
- Outdoor Odysseys is an active member of a variety of local environmental organizations working to protect the islands including the San Juan Preservation Trust, People for Puget Sound and The Whale Museum.
- Our headquarters, though not certified, is built to LEED specifications and we work towards minimizing waste of any kind while delivering only human powered adventures here in the San Juans!
Hours of OperationMay to October
Weekends in May
7 days a week June-October
For over 30 years Outdoor Odysseys has been providing one of the most informative, safe, and fun sea kayaking tours in the San Juan Islands. Join our naturalist guides on a half-day, full-day or multi-day sea kayaking tour to see orcas, humpbacks, seals, eagles, sea stars and more. Whether it’s your first time in a kayak or you’re an experienced expedition paddler, Outdoor Odysseys is here to create the perfect adventure for you.
Favorite tours include:
- 3-Hour Griffin Bay Half Day Tour
- Full Day San Juan Island Kayak Tour
- 2-Day Haro Straight Camping Tour
- 3-Day Stuart Island Kayak Camping Tour
- 4 Day Interisland Kayak Camping Tour
- 3-Day Craft Brewery Kayak Tour
- 3-Day Wine Tasting Kayak Tour
- 3-Day Yoga and Kayaking Tour
- Or create your own Custom Tour that works just for you!.
Full Day Tours explore the West Side of San Juan Island staying in prime whale territory and passing by the Lime Kiln State Park Lighthouse. We provide lunch on these tours, whipping up a fresh, healthy meal while you lounge on the beach or explore the nearby tide pools
For our 3 and 4 Day or Custom Multi-Day Tours, we load up the boats with your gear, camp kitchen, Dutch ovens and a vacation worthy amount of food and wine and head out to more remote islands where we camp near the water. Go on a hike, nap on the beach, or get to know new friends while your guide prepares baked brie, wild smoked salmon, Dutch oven frittata or forages nearby for Nootka Rose and miner’s lettuce for your salad. We strive to “tread lightly” on our beautiful marine ecosystem: leaving beaches and campsites better than we found them, using mostly local and organic ingredients, and practicing Leave No Trace and water conservation on all our trips.
Whether you’re looking to see orca whales and wildlife in their natural habitat, spoil yourself with delicious camp cuisine, or explore as much of the archipelago as you can, Outdoor Odysseys has your island adventure.