San Juan Island Outfitters
248 Reuben Memorial Drive
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Phone: (360) 378-1962
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- 3 - Hour Nature Tour by Kayak
- 3 - Hour Sunset Nature Tour by Kayak
- 3 - Hour Family with Kids Nature Tour
- 5 - Hour Orca Search by Kayak
- Overnight Kayak Tour North East 2 day
- Overnight Kayak Tour North East 3 day
- Overnight Family Kayak Tour 2 day
- Overnight Family Kayak Tour 3 day
- Whale Watch & Wildlife Tour by Boat
- Private Whale Watch Boat Charter
Going Green Commitments
- San Juan Outfitters reduces, reuses and recycles at every opportunity. We have recycle baskets on all boats, docks and offices.
- We keep our carbon footprint at a minimum by planning ahead.
- Our boat Sea Lion is so fuel efficient it uses only 10 gals per hour hauling 40 guests.
Hours of Operation8 AM to 8 PM Daily April - October
10 AM to 2 PM Daily November to March
San Juan Outfitters has easy in and out custom kayak finger docks (no getting wet or dragging kayaks out to the water) at both Roche Harbor, on the northwest side of San Juan Island and Friday Harbor on the east side of San Juan Island. Our exclusive facilities at both harbors allow our guests safe and easy access to the water.
You do not need experience to join our any of our tours. We supply all the equipment that you will need. You will tour in a hand-made fiberglass, touring kayak that we keep in prime condition. Your guide will be knowledgeable, experienced and enhance your experience on the water.
Our exclusive locations allow us access to areas where no other kayak company can go. They include a combination of protected water, wildlife refuges, and access to big open with expansive views of Haro Strait, The Olympic Mountains, Cascade Mountains, and beautiful shorelines.
Choose the tour that is perfect for you:
- 3-hour: Nature Tour by Kayak
- 3-hour: Nature Tour by Kayak for Families with Children
- Day trip: Fly and Kayak Package from Seattle (3 or 5 hour kayak tour)
- 5-Hour: Whale Sanctuary Kayak Tour
- 5-Hour: Orca/Wildlife Search by Kayak
- 2-day, 3-day & 5-day: San Juan Islands Kayak Tour
- Day Tour – Custom – Sea Kayak with Killer Whales
- Overnight Tour – Custom – Sea Kayak with Killer Whales
- Day Tour: Supported and guided Cycle the San Juans Tour
San Juan Outfitters belongs to a spotting network for whale sightings and our captains share whale information hourly with our kayak guides to increase your chances of sea kayaking with Killer Whales. We design our trips to offer our guests an amazing sea kayaking and wildlife experience regardless of Killer Whales.
Whale Watch and Wildlife Tours by Boat – a 90% success rate for viewing whales. Guests will appreciate our small guide to guest ratios. You will enjoy interacting with your marine naturalist in a classroom size tour boat. We have 3 whale watch boats; 32 foot, 42 foot and 55 foot long. These boats are also available for private charters and for water taxi.
All of our kayak and whale watch tours depart daily from both Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor from April through early October. June to August we also offer Sunset Kayak Tours and Sunset Whale Watch by boat.
Whether you are on our sea kayaking tour, whale watching by boat or both, our guests typically see Orca (Killer) Whales, Porpoise, Harbor Seals, Sea Lions, Bald Eagles, and a wide range of usual and unusual Marine Birds plus land mammals.
San Juan Outfitters rents: kayaks, peddle powered boats, stand up paddle boards, hybrid bicycles with motors, touring bicycles and small motorboats. Click here regarding our rentals