Hillside House Bed & Breakfast
Nicholas, Naoni, and Greg Zervas
365 Carter Ave
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Welcome to Hillside House Bed and Breakfast
Welcome to one of the premier lodging accommodations in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, Washington. Hillside House Bed & Breakfast is located approximately 90 miles north of Seattle & 90 miles south of Vancouver, B.C., site of the 2010 Olympics. San Juan Island is a short ferry ride or charter flight from Seattle, Bellingham, the Olympic Pennisula of Washington, Vancouver or Victoria, B.C.
Hillside House Bed & Breakfast is a 4,000 square foot contemporary inn, set among an acre of pine trees, overlooking Mt. Baker and the entrance to Friday Harbor. We feature spacious common areas, wonderful views, quiet location, landscaped gardens, and easy walking to shops, galleries, museums and restaurants. Hillside House has a Three Diamond rating from AAA, the highest rating a bed and breakfast can earn.
Hillside House has seven guest rooms, each with a king or queen bed and private bath. Each guest room offers fine quality linens, towels and goose down featherbed toppers, plus both foam and feather pillows. Bath amenities, hair dryers, iron and ironing board are readily available. We serve a full, hot, buffet-style breakfast each morning. A BBQ grill for guest use is located on our deck, and a guest refrigerator, ice and ice buckets are available. Complimentary lighted off-street parking and a covered bicycle parking area are on the property. Our delicious homemade Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies await our guests each afternoon.
San Juan Island is well known for sea kayaking and orca whale watching. Great hiking and breathtaking views can be found at our two National Historic Park sites, Lime Kiln Lighthouse State Park, public beaches and mountain trails. San Juan Island is a destination for terrific biking, boating and bird watching. History buffs enjoy self-guided walks at the Pig War sites (American Camp & English Camp), the restored lime kiln site, and historic Roche Harbor as well as guided historic walks in Friday Harbor. The Whale Museum in Friday Harbor offers wonderful insights into the "killer" orca whales which frequent the San Juan Islands. Many fine artists and unique galleries call San Juan Island home, and music, art and theater events occur year-round. Friday Harbor boasts excellent restaurants from brew pub to fine dining.
Washington State's newest Scenic Byway is the San Juan Islands Scenic Byway. Learn more about the history, arts & culture of this beautiful area & watch videos of this new tour at www.visitsanjuans.com.
Hillside House Bed and Breakfast Amenities:
- All guest rooms have private baths
- Hair dryer in each bath
- Fine quality linens, towels, & goose down featherbeds
- King or Queen bed in each room
- Feather & foam pillows on every bed
- Free WiFi available throughout our home
- TV/VCR or TV/DVD in each guest room
- Full, hot, buffet-style breakfast each morning
- Two-person hammock & chaise lounges in the garden
- Harbor view from Property
- BBQ grill for guest use
- Guest refrigerator, ice & ice buckets available
- Complimentary lighted off-street parking
- Covered bicycle parking area
- Homemade cookies each afternoon
- Yearly inspections by AAA - Triple Diamond rated
San Juan Island Amenities:
- Great hiking & exploring at our two National Historic Parks, Lime Kiln
- Lighthouse State Park, Public beaches, and mountain trials.
- Destination for fantastic sea kayaking & diving
- Location for terrific biking, boating & bird watching
- Best orca whale watching May thru Sept.
- Excellent oysters & U-Pick Days at Westcott Sea Farm
- Wonderful variety of restaurants from local brewery to fine dining
- Unique local artists, galleries, art & music events year-round
- Lavender Farm, Alpaca Farm, weekly Farmers Market
- Summer shuttle service around the island
- Mopeds, bikes, cars readily available to rent
- Frequent live-theatre performances; Shakespeare in August
- Award-winning San Juan Vineyards & Winery
- New & used bookstores & antiques